Profiling ARGYII & Colormunki Photo and PS printing settings

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dekig New Member • Posts: 1
Profiling ARGYII & Colormunki Photo and PS printing settings

Hello All,

I have a Cannon IPF 8300 printer, and I want to make a maximum colour accuracy of the printed photos. I usually print to canvas, lustre and matt photo paper and vinyl medias.

I have bought a Colormuni Photo profiler, but I haven' got an excellent result with the oem software. I visited a lot of forums, where I found the ARGYII CMS. It was very hard to install :), but after I created a very good Icc profiles. I think those are a little bit dark, mainly the b&w photos. I go through with this ARGYII setting when I made profiles : https://www.ludd.ltu.se/~torger/photography/argyll-print.html

Some parameters from my profiling:

Delta E near 1.2-1.7
patches: 1680
In the printer panel: no colour correction, high quality.

I print out the pictures from Acdsee with use the printer profile. I tried print out patches from PS but I got better results at the end with Acdsee.

My question is, how to fine tuning my profiling method with this system? What colour profiling give much better Icc profiles?

I usually print out my photos from PS or Lightroom, with Perceptual and black point compensation with one of the created profiles and same the image quality settings.
If I adjust the brightness in PS, my photo’s colour accuracy will be gone.

If you have any comments, please share with me.

Many thanks, Gabor

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow