Marco Cinnirella wrote:

barrym1966 wrote:

1. Marco Cinnirella wrote:

barrym1966 wrote:

Milo_the_photographer wrote:

tbcass wrote:

Steve West wrote:

tbcass wrote:

I already have every lens I could want (and afford) except the Tamron 15-30. Eventually I will buy that Tamron and my A Mount collection will be complete.

The Tammy is awesome for sure. But there are still two lenses out there that are tempting me: 1) the 300 f/2.8, and 2) that Zeiss 135mm.

The 300 f2.8 is way too expensive for the little use I would give it and the 135 isn't a focal length that interests me. They are both outstanding lenses though.

Really, my Minolta 135mm f/2.8 is in my opinion, a very useful focal length in both FF and APS-C, and have served me well for many many years.

Used it for portraits on FF and concerts for ASP-C, it lacks flexibility like all primes, but the focal length is very useful when you plan ahead.

I shoot weddings with a 70-200 and actually more than 60% of my 10,000s of shots are beween 110 and 140, so maybe a 135mm prime is on the cards

It's a brilliant lens but I don't know if the AF is snappy enough for a wedding - defo good for posed portraits though

Would go for the zeiss 135 1.8 if I get one

That's the lens I'm talking about - absolute cracking IQ and bokeh to die for, but AF is not the fastest and careful MFA a must on the a99ii

Obviously the old f/2.8 Minolta version doesn't make sense when having 70-200 f72.8, a prime have to be faster to make sense today.

I use the 70-200 f/2.8 now. Just keep in mind flexibility make photography so much easier.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow