Lightroom CC thru eyes of Photos user

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Calxoddity Regular Member • Posts: 389
Lightroom CC thru eyes of Photos user

Backstory:  Used Aperture for years, but stopped when it started behaving inconsistently as  OS X got upgraded (I’m in Apple beta program, so this might also have been a factor).  Anyhow, migrated to Photos for retention of basic DAM and because the modal interface of  LR drove me up the wall.

Over the next year or so tried C1 and DXO but interface and lack of DAM never created a sufficiently compelling reason to change.

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded by broadband plan so decided to give LR CC with the 1TB storage a go.  Colour me surprised -  I was immediately comfortable with it and loved the clean interface, speed, and processing quality.

So I can’t use my Nik HDR plug-in directly, nor do panoramas, but otherwise am really impressed.  Had a difficult photo yesterday - architectural shot with light and shadows, wide angle distortion and strong CAs on the left hand edges.  All fixed in under two minutes, including pixel peeping to make sure, as a first time user.

Now to decide whether to sign up once the trial period ends...

-- hide signature --

Calxoddity
'Turning up in the oddest places...'

Calxoddity's gear list:Calxoddity's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D7500
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow