Next generation Foveon sensor

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 27,607
Re: Next generation Foveon sensor

furtle wrote:

Roland Karlsson wrote:

furtle wrote:

All I want is a much, much faster auto focus. Make it as good as a Ricoh GR and happy days. The rest can remain the same (as a Quattro). How hard can that be?

I do not think Sigma can do this. This is a totally different skill sets than what they have. And nothing they ever have had as a priority.

In particular this is hard for the sd cameras.

Thanks, Roland. Why can't Sigma improve focus speed? Limiting one's photography to, essentially, static subjects shuts off a massive market. I've just spent the weekend with friends, family, lovely kids and dawgs and just took my Ricoh GR as I knew it would perform and boy, did it. Sigma really need to understand this. No wonder people just us iPhones. Gotta say the Ricoh murdered any phone camera pics

Everyone can improve focus speed, and everyone does. But - it seems the improvements are made in small increments.

Only the electronic companies that make mirrorless seem to be able to surprise us with a blindingly fast AF, just out of nowhere.

I am waiting for poor Pentax to catch up with Canikon. But ... nope ... just small steps.

-- hide signature --

/Roland
Kalpanika X3F tools:
https://github.com/kalpanika/x3f

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow