Very disappointed with MacBook Pro 2018

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
teohyc Regular Member • Posts: 365
Re: Difficult to answer your question because you haven't told us...

Ellis Vener wrote:

Corkcampbell wrote:

Difficult to answer your question because you haven't told us what kind of video you are processing. For most situations, it seems you are over-buying; it doesn't take a monster machine to do video satisfactorily.

I try to buy expensive items like computers with an eye to where I suspect my needs will be 2-3 years

I make photographs (and increasingly videos) for corporate and industrial branding clients, and to license as stock. ,

The 6-core 2.2Ghz should be more than sufficient. You can save the money to get more SSD storage, memory or Applecare.

If you use Final Cut Pro for video editing, any of the Macbook Pros 4-6 cores will extremely fast. I use a 2015 MBP with quad 2.5Ghz and it's so fast at exporting videos. I can't shoot footage faster than it can export.

And now the new MBPs jump from 4 to 6 cores, so imagine how much faster it will be.

I've read reports that 2.6Ghz model will throttle also. It's not wise to spend money on a computer that cannot even run at its base clock speed for extended periods of time.

teohyc's gear list:teohyc's gear list
Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
EG
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
EG
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
EG
EG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow