D500 Shutter Lock-Up!

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JMD-70 Senior Member • Posts: 1,705
D500 Shutter Lock-Up!

I'm starting to experience more and more "shutter lock-up" with one of my D500.  I use the WT-7 wireless transmitter and shoot wireless like,...about 95% (or more) of the time.  So, occasionally the shutter would lock-up,...and I'd have to power down the WT-7,...capture the image and continue to shoot,...that is, until the lock-up occurs again.

I'm about 10-seconds from sending an email to Nikon regarding this,...but wanted to know if any of you guys have experienced shutter lock-up with their D500,...and especially when using the WT-7 Wireless Transmitter.

For the record, I've had many years of experience with Nikon wireless transmitters over the years,...WT-2 (D2x),....WT-4 (D3, D3s, D700,...D300) and not once did I ever experience shutter lockup of any kind with or without use of the wireless transmitters.

Anything you guys can share on this would be greatly appreciated...

Oh,..almost forgot,...I have 2 D500's,....and 2 WT-7 transmitters,...and yes,...both have experience "shutter lock-up".  However, I will say,..once does more than the other,..and to give some sense of how often this occurs,...lets say if I worked a 5 hour event,...the shutter would lock-up not less than 4,..5,...6 times, etc.  That said,...1 time is too many!

-- hide signature --

JMD
...D500 x2 //  WT-7 x2!
......Nikon forever,...for now!

Nikon D3S Nikon D500 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow