XT2 vs XH1 for dim light shots of moving subjects

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fotoian New Member • Posts: 4
XT2 vs XH1 for dim light shots of moving subjects

I read a lot of articles comparing XT2 with XH1 but none for my particular area of interest. Trying to figure out if it makes sense to shell out extra $400-500 for XH1’s IBIS and extra weight.

I am primarily interested in shooting dancers in dim light. I think I saw only one article about XH1, but I believe he was shooting dancers on the stage. Most comparisons are about still subjects and how good shots are at lower SS. For me that is not the case. I want to shoot social dancers at Tango and Salsa where lights can be very dim with a lot of movement going on. IBIS is not going to help with movement, but may help for increased T to get a bit sharper image. Will it be able to focus faster than XT2?

I have tried 56mm on my XT10 and sharpness is lacking (to be expected). How would XT2 with a 16-55 or 50-140 (both OIS) compare with XH1 with a prime or OIS for this type of photography. I don’t want to use flash. Neither am I interested in full frame due to investment in Fuji glass. Had Fuji not come out with XH1, I would very happy adding XT2. Now it is a dilema. I also like street photography and don’t intend to print.

Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T10 Pentax X-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow