K-S2 purchase

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Historicity Senior Member • Posts: 1,452
K-S2 purchase

I mentioned a while back that I purchased a K-S2 and two lenses at the same time. I had serious problems with focusing and assumed that surely both lenses couldn't be bad and sent the K-S2 back. Subsequently I learned that both lenses were bad. At the time I decided to replace the K-S2 with the K-70, but I liked the K-S2 a lot until I encountered the focusing problems which I mistakenly blamed it for.

So I thought that if I ever found an irresistible deal on eBay I would buy another K-S2 and that happened this morning. Roberts Camera was selling 20 white copies of the K-S2 for $305 each, including shipping. The claim was that these were cameras that were never sold and that they are 99% mint:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentax-K-S2-20-1MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Body-KS2-White-JC/142756736302?hash=item213cf6ed2e%3Ag%3At5gAAOSwiURa0Qx2&_sacat=31388&_nkw=pentax+k-s2&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1312.R1.TR10.TRC4.A0.H1.XPentax+.TRS2

As of this writing Roberts has 6 of them remaining on eBay. $305 is about $200 cheaper than the K-S2 is going for elsewhere. A downside for some may be the fact that these cameras don't come with anything else. You get the camera and that's it. In my case I have all the other things that are needed and so don't mind.

Lawrence

Historicity's gear list:Historicity's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-600 Olympus E-5 +81 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow