Upgrade path from D5500?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
oakbluffs57 New Member • Posts: 5
Upgrade path from D5500?

Hello,

I started shooting with a D5500 about a year ago using the 18-55 kit, 50mm 1.8, and more recently a 70-300 4.5 AF-P. I've been thinking about getting into higher quality lenses particularly for wide angle, sports, and also to upgrade the kit lens. I've been shooting a mix of street, landscape, and sports.

My question: Does it make sense to put higher quality lenses on the D5500 or should I be considering an upgraded body that will get more out of a "pro level" lens. For example, does it make sense to put the Nikon 16-80 2.8 on the D5500? I don't want to spend a lot more money on building a system that is mismatched or less than optimal.

I also have some concerns about the long term viability of DX and about Nikon's support for the DX format. It's not easy to discern what their direction really is at this point.

Lastly, I'm considering an upgrade to a D7200 or possibly a Sony or Nikon full frame camera. What recommendations would you make for a hobbyist with one year experience about upgrading to full frame?

Thank you

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5500 Nikon D7200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow