Yeovilton Airshow - I finally made a start...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Adrian Harris
Adrian Harris Veteran Member • Posts: 4,659
Yeovilton Airshow - I finally made a start...

I have just managed to start going through my Yeovilton 2018 photos. Having recently also just gone to the RIAT display, looking at so many aircraft images was a daunting task and I almost couldn't face looking at them at all! However the temperature in the office dropped to below 26 degrees last night so I finally managed to sit at the computer and hence here are the first few... (more may follow, it's rather temperature dependant!)

Hawker Sea Fury and a Mig15. The display re-enacted the historical event when a naval piston engined Sea Fury shot down a Mig15 jet during the Korean war.

This Fairy Swordfish with torpedo flying at around 80mph max speed, typified the exploits of the immensely brave flyers who with obsolete aircraft made countless selfless attacks on very heavily heavily defended targets. Seeing it fly is a very emotive experience.

For photography the light was against us all day, however we had a lucky break when the pyrotechnics started and blocked out the back-lighting for the re-enacted battle scene, which then enabled these helicopter shots (above and below.)

This Dakota displaying its striped D-Day identity markings was the allies all round workhorse during WW2.

One of my very favourite aircraft and possibly the final epitome of piston engined fighter aircraft design, the naval Hawker Sea Fury.

If I can face it, I'll have to start going through the jets next !!!

-- hide signature --
 Adrian Harris's gear list:Adrian Harris's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow