X lenses advises.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pennyfan
Pennyfan Regular Member • Posts: 236
X lenses advises.

Hi Fujiguys, in my previous post I was making decision switching from Sony to Fuji, since X-T3 maybe just around the corner, I’ve decided to wait for a little longer, in the mean while I will keep doing research and start selling my least used lens to rise the found.

I will have these options, get X-T3 when it is available. Get X-T2 after X-T3 released for a better bargain, and which ever it is, use it side by side with my A7R3, and if the experience isn’t good enough for me to sell all my Sony gears I can still go back with minimal lost.

Anyway, back to the topic, I would love to have some advises on lens choices. Ideally I want to have an UWA prime (maybe Samyang 12mm), 35mm (full frame eq.), 50mm, 85mm, a standard zoom lens and a tele.

However, they are multiple 35/50/85 available with diffetent f stops and designs, it can be a bit confusing and I’ve heard some among these have noisy motor and bad AF, can I have some advices about the choices of 35/50/85?

Also which Standard Zoom lens performed the best? I perfer smaller size and lighter weight as this is one of the main reason I want to make the switch (Sony 24105G is just huge for my taste).

Thank you for your advises and I can’t wait to join the Fuji family.

Pennyfan's gear list:Pennyfan's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Sony Alpha a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +2 more
Fujifilm X-T2 Sony Alpha a7 Sony Alpha a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow