It May Not Be the Battery

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CharlesB58 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,939
It May Not Be the Battery

One of my EM1.1s recently died. What happened for a period of time before it died was that batteries appeared  to drain very quickly. Sometimes the camera would have to be switched on 2 or 3 times to start up when a fresh battery was inserted. I chalked this up to that fact that my batteries are mostly 3 to 4 years old and have seen a lot of use.

With one body dead, I've been running the same batteries through my remaining body, and...they have been lasting longer than they did in the other body. Apparently the fault that led to it completely dying is related either how it displayed the battery power, or more likely that it was not processing the battery properly.

So I guess the good news is I don't think I'll be needing to buy new batteries as I was planning. The bad news is I do need to get the camera repaired. I would have preferred it was bad batteries...

Herein then is a cautionary tale: the appearance that batteries are draining too quickly could actually be a fault with the camera.

-- hide signature --

Photography is not about the thing photographed. It is about how that thing looks photographed. Quote by Garry Winogrand
http://eyeguessphotography.com

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow