Looking for a more vibrant monitor

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NikonMike Senior Member • Posts: 1,217
Looking for a more vibrant monitor

I have a wide gamut Dell U2413 24" monitor, that receives good reviews overall, but to me doesn't present a very vibrant image. I'm not sure if that's because of the non-glossy finish or is it because I have not calibrated the screen with a colorimeter. In any event, it's always disappointing when I have images that appear bright and vibrant on my D810 screen, that then look flat and not that sharp on my monitor, even after post processing. I have my monitor set to the sRGB color space.

I've viewed my pictures on my website on Imacs while visiting Apple stores and they look a lot, lot better than they do on my Dell monitor. My question is, are there any monitors that don't cost an arm and a leg for PC's that would show 100% of the sRGB color space that have a more vibrant display comparable to the Imacs?

I'm tempted to just go the Apple route but hesitate because I've always used PC's and the cost factor.  I've also considered switching to a Dell XPS 15 touch display, but then would have to deal with the much smaller screen.

-- hide signature --

Mike

NikonMike's gear list:NikonMike's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +2 more
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow