Worth adding M6 to what I already have?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
abruzzopat Regular Member • Posts: 158
Worth adding M6 to what I already have?

Apologies if this topic has been covered... I tried looking and could not find a way to zero in on what I was looking for in the forum.

I have a FF Canon DSLR with some great lenses. If weight/size is not a limiting factor, I use that and I'm happy.

I also have a G7X II for situations where a large camera is not practical (backpacking, stealth street shooting, etc). It's a fine camera for its size, but I definitely notice the difference between it and the FF when I want to make large prints of landscapes, or need to crop the image, etc. On a couple trips, I really felt like I had captured some great scenes, but when I got home and started working with the images, I was lamenting that I didn't have my DSLR with me.

I took a look at an M6 at a shop the other day (with the 15-45 lens). Although it's not pocketable like the G7X, it's quite compact and I could find space in a backpack for it.

Here's my question: Does the M6 (with the kit lens) offer a significant image quality improvement over the G7X? Will I be less likely to lament not having my FF with me?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Canon EOS M6 Canon G7 X II Canon PowerShot G7 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow