I can't get Sony RX100VI to output in HLG

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FoundLostDogs New Member • Posts: 12
I can't get Sony RX100VI to output in HLG

I can't get Sony RX100VI to output in HLG.

When I record a single XAVCS 4K 25p 100 clip in PP10 profile trying the HLG & HLG1~3 settings on my RX100VI and playback to my LG TV, the on-screen HLG-HDR logo fails to light up. Also when I try to upload the same unedited clip to YouTube there's no message that an HDR file being uploaded.

Whereas when I do the same thing with my Panasonic GH5 the LG TV on-screen HLG-HDR logo lights up and likewise when uploading, YouTube confirms that the file is HDR and the file plays back from YouTube lighting up the HLG-HDR logo on my LG TV.

Also I have no problem editing Panasonic GH5 clips in Davinci Resolve Studio 15 and the finished render on my LG TV the HLG-HDR logo lights up for a few seconds with no problems.

I appreciate that the Panasonic GH5 is recording in 10-bit HEVC .H265 whereas the Sony RX100VI assume is 8-bit recording in .H264

Does anybody have a suggestion what I might be doing wrong or is there a Sony settings issue somewhere?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX100 VI
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow