Sony A57 replacement: A58, A68 or A77(II)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Seeky Senior Member • Posts: 1,056
Sony A57 replacement: A58, A68 or A77(II)

I'm looking for a replacement for my aging A57. While it held its own against drops and prolonged usage in hot and wet conditions, the rubber parts are peeling off and the camera hangs sometimes in playback.

I'm particularly interested in opinions from users of the A57 which also have switched to other cameras as replacement or better alternative. Some of the good features of the A57 are the excellent grip and ergonomics, flip out LCD screen and SLT live view AF.

Personally, I'm also shooting E-mount cameras, but haven't found equal in that system regarding ergonomics, especially considering price.

The replacement of the A57 is meant to be used by the family, so it should be quite robust, affordable and easy to use. For some members, the A57 was already complicated enough.

What are my options? Does the A-mount system provide a good solution or should I look elsewhere?

-- hide signature --
 Seeky's gear list:Seeky's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a7 II Sony a7 III Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +14 more
Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A68
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow