Used lens?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lovelymochi New Member • Posts: 9
Used lens?

Hello, I'm very new to the forum. Hope I find the right place.

I recently purchased 24-105 f4 lens as a gift for my husband from one of authorized online stores. It arrived yesterday. Although we are still waiting for A7III camera body, I gave it to my husband and we opened it together.

The box was not sealed at all, which is fine if it is normal. However, when we took the lens out of the box, we noticed that an apparently used, scratched UV filter (with dents) was installed on it. we immediately put it back.

For me, it sounds like the box was opened, and the lens was used by someone. That made me very unhappy with the purchase. Especially with a very pricey, pricey $$$$$ purchase. Of course, I didn't buy a used lens, I bought a new one.

I contacted a customer service to return it. I haven't got any official response from them yet. But I would like to make sure I'm doing a reasonable claim because I actually have no idea with camera. My husband knows more than I do but he is not an expert at all and this is the first Sony lens for him.

It doesn't come with a UV filter, right? and especially UV filter with dents sounds weird, right?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow