Nikon D3400, with a Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Lens, with the VC/ON and AF on.

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
1lawman1
1lawman1 New Member • Posts: 3
Nikon D3400, with a Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Lens, with the VC/ON and AF on.

I live in Yuma, Arizona and I moved here in October 2017. From October to about May 2018, I didn't have any problem with my photos being sharp and clear. Since about May 2018, I have noticed that my photos are no longer in focus. My main photos are of Jet Fighter Aircraft, in a Landing Approach and are moving at about 150 MPH directly overhead. The only difference I can see between the Months in question is the Ambient Temperature. When taking photos after May 2018, the average temperature was about 20 to 25 degrees higher. I always use my Multiple Frame Option because of the speed movement of the aircraft, looking for the perfect in-focus photo. I also use the Auto Focus and the VC/ON settings for the Lens  My problem now is...I have multiple photos using either the "Running Man" Setting or the Multiple Frame Setting on my Camera, but none of my photos are "in focus"! I read somewhere that the "grease" that is used to operate the auto-focus feature, somehow has "dissipated" from the high Summer temperatures.  Is that possible, and what is the remedy, besides moving to a cooler climate in the Summer, after a trip to a Camera Repair Shop? Thanks in advance for your input, Tom.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D3400
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow