Torn between A-Mount (a99ii) and E-Mount full frame

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 36,251
Re: Torn between A-Mount (a99ii) and E-Mount full frame

Douglas F Watt wrote:

Good question, exposing the classic tradeoffs of zoom vs. prime. Having shot some social occasions with the Tamron 70-200 USD (great lens by any standard) and then going to the CZ 135 1.8, the bokeh, if you are shooting faces or couples where background isolation is a goal, is just way better on the CZ 135 (the lens is sharp wide open), and the colors and contrast are also, subjectively, a bit better, at least to my eye - but that could just be expectancy bias. That said, there is the hassle of lens swapping. In any case, I would confess that I am a member of the group that believes that the CZ 135 is the best lens (or at least one of the 3-4 best) in the A Mount world. YMMV.

That may be true but I'm looking at it for practicality. The vast majority of people hiring a wedding photographer can't tell the difference between a smartphone photo and one taken with a Hasselblad. They can tell the difference between a well planned and composed professional photograph and what the typical hack amature produces.

-- hide signature --

Tom
Look at the picture, not the pixels

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow