M50 & GPS question

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JRET Regular Member • Posts: 267
M50 & GPS question

I don't have the M50 ... yet!  I've searched & read as much as I could find about the M50 geotagging photos and I still have a few unanswered questions.  It would be most helpful if any M50 owners could answer the following questions:

• Using the Camera Connect app (Android) is it possible to send the GPS info directly to the M50 images as they are taken without also downloading the images to the phone?  I'm searching for a good, efficient method of geotagging my photos - using the GPS feature on my 6D has spoiled me a bit.
  • Can the M50 be turned off/on without creating a connectivity problem with the phone?  I've read that Camera Connect does not always play nicely with certain Canon models and hoping that is not the case with the M50.

If the M50, using Camera Connect or even a different solution, can easily geotag my images it will be a valuable feature when traveling.  I've been geotagging photos with my 6D for some time now and really like this feature.

JRET's gear list:JRET's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +14 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow