P900 and lens filter

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
jshen808
jshen808 Senior Member • Posts: 7,429
Re: P900 and lens filter

CMCM wrote:

jshen808 wrote:

CMCM wrote:

When I bought my P900, I also bought a nice B+W UV filter as protection...a holdover from my film camera days when one always put a filter on the lens. Recently, I took the filter off, and I swear the photos are a bit better and sharper without it.

Do any of you P900 owners use filters? Have you noticed a different with/without them?

..it's good you have tested with both the lens filter on & off, and compared the results..

..for me, I was using the Hoya HD3 UV lens filter..

..have it off now, but maybe put it back again..

..mainly interested to protect the front lens of the P900 camera..

..still debating on this..

..Cheers..

I keep debating it. I have tried two consecutive photos to test...one with it, one without, and at those times I did not see any difference. Yet now I think I'm getting better/sharper photos on the P900, although I have to consider that when I had my flip screen replaced, Nikon also put in a new lens assembly, so what I'm shooting with now is different. Maybe it's sharper than the other lens assembly...???

..it could well be..

..and being improved is a bonus..

..actually, I'm thinking of placing my lens filter back on, it just makes me 'feel' better..

..Cheers..

-- hide signature --

Regards, John..
..down with naysayers!
[YI M1 camera, Olympus 17mm f/1.8 lens, firmware 3.0]

jshen808's gear list:jshen808's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix B700 Nikon Coolpix P1000
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow