Some shots from the Swiss Alps - from sunrise to darkest night

Started 4 weeks ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Perturabo Junior Member • Posts: 39
Some shots from the Swiss Alps - from sunrise to darkest night

Here in Switzerland the weather was pretty good the last few weeks and I was often out for a hike. Still haven't processed all the pics I took, but the best ones are done (more or less).

Most of the pics are taken during a two-day hike in the Valais. The milky way shot is the exception - it was taken very recently in the Canton Glarus.

Hope you enjoy the shots, and I'm looking forward to critique & comments!

Aletschhorn in the early morning

Some minutes later... light is changing fast this early. In the background Eiger (hardly visibly, cloud cap on it on the very right), Mönch (also clouded summit), Jungfraujoch, and Jungfrau. On the very left the sun-lit Aletschhorn.

Same place, different angle. This time looking towards the Fieschglacier. I might do some more postprocessing and see if I can possibly remove the more prominent lens flares... Also still has some dark edges from the step up rings. HDR, underexposed frames are taken twice (@f8 and @f18), Hoya ND filter.

Time for breakfast - and for a nice cup of hot coffee

Enjoying a good life. Aperture closed to f5.6 to maintain some context.

Milkyway above the Canton of Glarus. Makes waking up much easier if that's the first thing you see above your head when the alarm ends your sleep in the middle of the night. Samyang Fisheye, 20s, ISO 3200, 7 stacked shots, 7 dark frames.

Perturabo's gear list:Perturabo's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL6 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +8 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow