X-Trans demosaic algorithms differences

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
euanmax
euanmax Forum Member • Posts: 59
Re: X-Trans demosaic algorithms differences

sluggy_warrior wrote:

BryceM wrote:

So, when you import a file in Darktable, (like the sample RAFs you shared from your g-drive), what's your usual workflow? You say you have a set of custom presets, etc.?

I don't have much of preset except for the demosaic and denoise-combo being saved as a style and applied on export. I put that style in the GDrive folder, together with the camera color input profile I used for X-T20:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C4XwhqIO8FttwpFStBxuRPX9eWu7t0u5

That style (Denoise RAF - sharp v2.dtstyle) basically applies Markesteijn 3-pass, and three instances of "Profiled Denoise" to deal with both chroma and luma noises. Everything else is at default. For the sample RAFs, I only adjusted the exposure to match SOOC, and optionally applied lens correction.

Fantastic, thanks for sharing.  I've got this set for a preset, along with a similar, more aggressive one that I found on Pixls.us a while back.

This does a really good job of preserving details, keep up the good work!

euanmax's gear list:euanmax's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow