Should I buy a lens or upgrade my XE2?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tua52
Tua52 New Member • Posts: 17
Should I buy a lens or upgrade my XE2?

Hello,

Currently I'm a m43 and Fuji-X dual user.

My Fuji gear is: XE2 + Samyang 21mm f1.4, Fuji 18-55mm, Fuji 56mm and a focal reducer with vintage lenses.

My m43 gear: GX8 + Sigma30/1.4 (to have a fast 50-ish lens), Olympus 45mm, Pana 35-100.

GX8 for me is a much faster, much nicer body, but I clearly prefer the image quality of the Fuji system. Right now they complement each other, I use Panasonic for speed and features, and the better low light AF. I only have budget for adding an XT20 without selling some gear. It would be hard to let go.

What do I miss from my Fuji set? Mostly speed (AF and camera operation)

I'm considering 3 options:

1, Adding a 50mm equivalent lens to the Fuji kit (Fuji 35/1.4 or Mitakon 35/0.95) and staying with XE2 until next year

2, Replacing XE2 with XT20, becouse I really miss the tilt screen and with XT20 the camera and my 56mm would be a lot faster.

3, Selling all of my m43 gear, replacing XE2 with XT2 and adding a 50mm equivalent lens.

And please be kind, I dont want to start a Fuji vs m43 war. I love both systems.

-- hide signature --
ANSWER:
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow