Any user experience / advice with the Voigtlander 65mm

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MattPointZero
MattPointZero Contributing Member • Posts: 814
Any user experience / advice with the Voigtlander 65mm

Hi everyone

The more I read about this lens, the more I am interested in it - I was about to order the zeiss 55mm (to sit between my 35mm samyang and my 85mm GM), but my head is being turned by the voigt.

User reviews are a bit strange, especially when people compare to the Zony - which I am putting down to the slightly 'quirky' MF nature and unusual FL of the lens.  Some talk about the rendering and bokeh being more pleasing than the Zeiss, some say the bokeh is fussier, some talk of not knowing how to use a 65mm.

As is always the case, I tend to believe that when you look at samples on line it has more to do with the skill of the photographer than the capability of the lens, and I won't know for sure until I shoot it for myself, but as I look around I wondered what the users of this lens are experiencing - glad you bought it?  How has it sat in your lens line up at 65mm?

I am even half tempted to get the 65mm and then consider swapping out my 85 GM for a 135mm, an FL I love and had on my former Nikon system...(I mainly shoot people / portraiture for info)

Thanks for your views, I always take a lot away from the users on this forum.

MattPointZero's gear list:MattPointZero's gear list
Sony a7R III Samyang AF 14mm F2.8 FE Voigtlander 65mm F2 Macro APO-Lanthar Rokinon AF 35mm F1.4 FE Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III
Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
C47
C47
C47
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow