Switch from Sony to Fujifilm...bad idea? Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Pennyfan
Pennyfan Regular Member • Posts: 308
Switch from Sony to Fujifilm...bad idea?

Hi Fuji fellas. I have been a long time Sony user, 1st camera is one of the last Minolta film camera and switched to Sony A300 entering digital era.

Since then I have upgraded my gears slowly to A33, A77, A99 and finally sold my A mount system for the Sony mirrorless.

now I own an A7R3 with a bunch of lenses including Samyang 35mm f2.8, Sony Zeiss 55mm f1.8, 16-35mm f4 and FE85mm f1.8.

I recently looked into the Fujifilm system and really tempting, I do understand Sony got better spec and they are full frame, but the retro style, robust body, jpg colour and those direct controls of the fuji system are just sexy. Is it unwise to make such switch (says X-T2 or wait for X-T3 later this year) when I already have one of the best mirrorless camera in the market?

Am I going to be disppointed by Fuji’s slow and unreliable focusing, pathetic battery life, medicore ISO & DR performance and lack of 3rd party supports?

Would love to hear your opinions as Fuji users and how do you deal with all those Fuji’s shortcoming.

Thank you.

Pennyfan's gear list:Pennyfan's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R III Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow