D4 battery charge issue

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stacey_K
Stacey_K Veteran Member • Posts: 8,528
D4 battery charge issue

Just got a used D4 with 20K clicks for $1800 that looks like new. Everything works great but something is weird with the battery. It came with an original Nikon battery, but has a wasabi charger. When I unboxed the camera it showed 8% charge. I shot a few frames and decided to go ahead and charge the battery. When the charger showed it was "full", I put it in the camera and it shows 55% charged. In the battery menu it shows 0 as in the battery is "like new" and it doesn't show it needs calibration. The seller said they bought the battery a year ago from B&H. I tried the calibrate function on the charger, it didn't seem to change anything.

I see a real nikon charger is absurdly priced, like 1/4 what I paid for the camera. Is this charger just defective or is this common with the aftermarket chargers used with an OE battery? Has anyone else run into this and what is the solution. TIA for any advice.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha a7 +16 more
Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow