Very disappointed with MacBook Pro 2018

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
William Carson
William Carson Veteran Member • Posts: 5,883
just an observation . . .

Adam2 wrote:

I've been working with a software company who creates photo editing software and they said that they've been seeing similar issues with their software on all MBP's 2015 and newer. They suspect that there was some design change which has adversely affected airflow, cooling, etc. So short of plopping the MBP in the freezer or a tank of liquid nitrogen, we'll have to see how rotten the Apple is...

It seems in this case the bottleneck is basically a design issue of the size of the case needed to handle the cooling required to run the i9 processor. The designers at Apple have locked themselves into the mindset that thinner is the only way to go forward. I disagree and think a larger adequately sized case will serve a certain type of Apple MBP buyers. Key word here is 'PRO' users that need the full power of the i9. If you do not build it, they will not come. I am not a complainer and am not a pro user. I am getting by with a 2011 17" MBP and if I upgrade, I will wait till these 'minor'  issues are resolved. I expect they will be. Apple is somewhat slow to adjust but eventually they do with success.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
EG
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
EG
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
EG
EG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow