Recently got a D750 when my DF died....

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Radz108 Contributing Member • Posts: 586
Recently got a D750 when my DF died....

Had a DF since it’s initial launch in 2013. This past May, it’s shutter died. I needed a new camera while my DF was shipped to Nikon for repair and decided to get a D750 due to the discounted price at that time. I am thoroughly enjoying shooting with this camera and it has even inspired me to go out and take more photos. I got my D750 in June and I have over 3000 actuations with it already. I love the sensor with its incredible dynamic range and low noise. I do find the AF much more responsive than my DF especially the outer focus points. I tend to use the center point only for focusing and then recompose with my DF. With my D750, I have no qualms using any of the points for focusing.

It is really convenient to have an IR port again to use the ML-L3 remote with. Also having a built in flash to use as a commander is a god send as well.

I still plan to keep my DF once it is back from repair. I still like the files it produces and I do enjoy the various dials to change iso, exposure comp, etc. I find the DF easier to change parameters on the fly like iso due to it dedicated dial compared to the D750.

Overall, I feel the D750 is a great addition to my kit despite it being a 4 year old design.

I’m using 4 lenses with this kit. Nikon 28mm 1.8, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 85mm 1.8 and the 1st gen Nikon 70-200mm vr.

Canmore, Alberta, Canada

Canmore, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stampede

Heritage Park

Heritage Park

Moraine Lake Alberta

Moraine Lake Alberta

Moraine Lake Alberta

Moraine Lake Alberta

Calgary Zoo

Cheers.

Radz108's gear list:Radz108's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +1 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D750 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow