Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Veteran Member • Posts: 9,911
Re: Nikon 1 listed as discontinued

Paul Pasco wrote:

chas d wrote:

camerosity wrote:

Sangster wrote:

Maybe N1 will become collector's item?

I feel the V1 was a groundbreaking camera in many ways. I'll be keeping one of mine for sure (I have three V1 bodies). Image quality is outstanding, though "only" 10MP. Loved using it! Replaced by the Panasonic GX85 for my small camera needs. Also have the J5 but I feel like without an EVF it's just a point and shoot as I can't see the screen very well at all in bright sunlight. And I'd rather shoot with my iPhone X in those situations anyway.

ditto - also have a J5 - used it a bit for indoor shots with the 6.7-13 where it worked very well especially with the tilt screen but outdoors horrible. Even tried a loupe on it but the loupe is about the only camera gear I feel I've wasted money on.

I haven't voiced this before but it seems that if you have to attach a device that is bigger than the camera (other than a lens of course) in order to make it usable, you picked the wrong camera!

More like you've picked the wrong hobby, as bird photography with the J5, without a loupe, or external viewfinder (big and expensive!), is kind of difficult, if not impossible.

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Canon, Olympus, Pentax, Ricoh, Sony, and Nikon user/owner.

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon 1 V2 +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow