Lighting a huge hall

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
apicturepriority Junior Member • Posts: 36
Lighting a huge hall

So I have an important event coming up that I need to photograph and am after some opinions. I've attached a photo of the venue below. It is an awards night so will be photographing people on stage as well as people in the crowd. The light levels in the auditorium will be significantly lower on the night, possibly with some purple/blue mood lighting. Given the ceiling is about 20 metres high using a single bounce flash is going to be pretty futile. I have 2xgodox Ad200's and 4xtt685's available to me. I'm thinking of placing the 2 ad200's on the balcony directly above where that photo was taken and use them to bounce off the ceiling in order to supplement my on camera speedlight which will also be bounced. I might gel them depending on the colour of the mood lighting, but am wary of how much light I might lose considering I might need every photon I can get. Has anyone had any experience lighting such a large venue before? Do you think 2 ad200's are enough together with an on camera bounce flash or should I introduce some extra tt685's off camera as well? Thanks in advance.

Adelaide town hall if you're wondering

apicturepriority's gear list:apicturepriority's gear list
Samsung TL500 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-35mm 1:2.0 SWD +13 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow