Em1.2 acting weird. Suggestions?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlwaysLearning4 Regular Member • Posts: 105
Em1.2 acting weird. Suggestions?

Hey guys,

Would appreciate your help on this. My EM1.2 has been acting strange and potentially falling apart. For the record, I've had this camera for a while and know what it's capable of. These are things that I don't recall having before. Issues are:

1. Sometimes racks back and forth during AF or just fails to find focus. Noticed this with my 40-150mm pro, when shooting at a waterpark in the afternoon in the most contrasty light I've ever been in.  Think I was in S-AF, focus limiter I believe was off (but was shooting a very distant subject anyway). Sometimes I just find my Em1.2 hesitating during AF in ways I don't recall it doing before. Conversely, I did a photo shoot with the same set up 8 weeks ago and remember being floored just how fast the combo grabbed focus, dead on every time. I've also been noticing some hesitation with my 12-40mm but it's possible the light was dim. These aren't constant issues. Usually AF works fine but annoying when I miss shots because it doesn't.

2. Card writing sign seems to stay on for longer. I usually shoot with 2 64 GB PNY SD cards, 90 mb/s. Slot 1 is raw, 2 is large, fine jpeg and 4k movies. I started rotating the second slot between a similar 32 gb PNY card now and a sandisk 16 gb because I hand my jpgs into my boss at the end of work. Raw I keep for myself. The slots are independent of each other.

3. At the  top front of the grip, where the rubber meets the metal, the rubber isn't flush with the metal while elsewhere on the camera it is. It's still pretty firmly attached but I wonder if this is the beginning of it peeling.

4. Annoying lag for movies to start/stop recording (about 2-3 seconds) and I have to mash the record button a couple of times for it to register. The movie lag could have always been there, I only recently started filming clips for my job.

Hope this isn't the beginning of the end for my camera. I can't afford to replace my EM1.2 now but when I can (hopefully a year or so) I'm not sure I'm going to get a high end mft body and may dual system a Sony/Canikon mirrorless. Depends on what's announced and how Olympus responds.

AlwaysLearning4's gear list:AlwaysLearning4's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow