Olympus viewfinder burn

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tomhongkong Veteran Member • Posts: 3,601
Olympus viewfinder burn

One of my EM1.1s is going in for warranty service next month, including viewfinder burn.

My first question is, has anyone who has had the EVF burn fixed recently had it reoccur?  I wonder if the burn just affected a bad batch (that EM1 was an early manufacture, even though I bought it new last year) or if something has been changed in recent replacements.

The second question is, has anyone had the problem with EM10ii?  I will be using one as a travel camera and while my EM1 is away.

I will probably cut a piece of Rosco IR shield film anyway, as a precaution for all my Olympus cameras (thank you Babalu for that idea). I just received a piece from BH Photo and it is enough for a lot of cameras!  If anyone needs a bit drop me a PM, I can cut a bit off and have plenty left.  I will let you know if I have a piece for you and you can then send me a stamped addressed envelope (I will be in UK with it in August).

tom

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow