Different types of light sources?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bangers and Mash
Bangers and Mash Senior Member • Posts: 2,760
Different types of light sources?

I'm sorry to keep bugging everyone regarding my plans for real estate photography, but I am getting a bit confused when it comes to lighting. I have three instructors with three different methods each use. I'm hoping to photograph a room without using any addition of lighting on my part. One instructor does all of his real estate shots this was. I tried doing this, using bracketing exposures. I do have white balance set to auto, so perhaps this is my problem. I took a bracketed shot of my living room. I turned on the lights, and opened the blinds to let in some daylight. The exposed finished image was showing exposure on one side for daylight, and fluorescent lighting on the other side. Window side was a cooler light, while the fluorescent lighting was quite warm. The fluorescent light was one of those curly looking bulbs. I know you shouldn't combine such light, but is there a setting that would help? Perhaps shoot for daylight which might overpower the other sources of light?

I'm totally not experienced with indoor shooting, other than my small studio I had awhile ago which I used flash. I'm just trying to avoid bringing lights, flashes etc into the shoot.

-- hide signature --

Critique, NOT criticize.

Bangers and Mash's gear list:Bangers and Mash's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus TG-5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow