23mm 1.4 - still viable?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sutto Contributing Member • Posts: 538
23mm 1.4 - still viable?

I like my 35 F2, but it always seems to be a bit too telephoto for my street/environmental photography.  I am sadly thinking of whacking it on 'fleabay', to get rid of it because I never use it much anymore.  However, it is a really nice lens and tack sharp wide open.  My usual kit is always my wonderful 16-55 on one X-T2 and the 90mm on the other X-T2.  However, sometimes I just want to kick back and have something light when I am just shooting candid shots on my local beat.

My question is about the old 23 1.4.  I need the 23mm because it is a bit wider, but don't want to risk the new 23 F2, because a lot of folk say it is not sharp wide open and close up (which is how I mostly shoot).  However, the con is that the 1.4 is not a WR lens. Has anybody found that a problem with weather or dust sealing on this lens?  Is it tack sharp at 1.4?  Thanks in advance.

Sutto

philipsuttonphotography.com

Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow