Should I get Sony a7 III, DSC RX10 III, or others?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jeffsuki New Member • Posts: 1
Should I get Sony a7 III, DSC RX10 III, or others?

Hi,

I am a little bit confused in choosing a new camera. Would love to listen to your inputs. I apologize beforehand - I will be rambling, explaining my chain of thoughts. (that's why i need your inputs)

I have not used interchangeable lenses camera for a while now. I sold my D90 6 years ago. Reason? I realize I like to travel light. Having D90 with 24-70mm, 70-200mm, and 11-17mm was too much. I bought myself a compact camera Panasonic LX100 (great camera by the way). But I felt its limitations.

I mainly use my cameras when I travel, mostly architectures, cityscape and seascapes especially during sunrise/sunset. Sometimes a portrait of myself and my family. I would love to be able to take group photos in low light, but i don't want to carry a flash, unless there is a mini flash.

So I want a powerful camera (with limited budget). And I want to travel light, I do not mind one spare lens if I am getting an interchangeable lenses camera.

The Sony a7 III interests me because of its size with its 25MP sensor. But the price is quite expensive - with the lenses and stuff.

DSC RX10 III is also interesting, but I thought it would be hard to re-sell the camera in the future.

I have not explored the others yet. Any thoughts?

Nikon D90 Panasonic LX100 Sony a7 III Sony RX10 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow