Question for RX100V or VI users who hold the camera at your hip's height.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jamesx521 Regular Member • Posts: 145
Question for RX100V or VI users who hold the camera at your hip's height.

I am looking to make a decision between the V or the VI, primarily with street photography (at hip's height) in mind. I prefer the VI because of the touch screen, but I prefer the V because I don't need a long lens and the ND filter would be probably be a bonus even though I've never used one. I also like the image quality slightly better on the VI (according to the DP studio scene test).

I wonder if I would even need the touch screen for street photography, if the auto focus on people's heads and eyes is doing good enough job that I don't even have to fiddle with a touch-screen. If I am going to try street photography holding the camera at my hip's height, walking while my head is down looking at the display, would't all of those 315 Auto Focus points do the job for me? Maybe I would actually wouldn't want to fiddle with a touch screen because there is simply no time when you walk forward and the subjects keep walking pass you.... Don't know. Don't have any experience with touch-screen displays.

Also making sure that on the V you can flip the screen 90 degrees up, so if you walk and you hold the camera at your hip's height you can see what's going on up front, right?

Also, one more thing. I've done street photography while driving. I have done shooting pictures while I drive -- by holding the camera with one hand and shooting out the window. It is tricky (and dangerous), but is the V or the VI advisable for that purpose?

jamesx521's gear list:jamesx521's gear list
Sony RX100 VA
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow