[help needed] Concert photos with FZ330

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sunflowergirl Regular Member • Posts: 119
[help needed] Concert photos with FZ330

I have two concerts coming up where I would love to try and take some photos.

One is just two guys in a music cafe making music, no light show, maybe 50-80 people watching. Old-fashioned shop/cafe look with shelves full of stuff with lovely green colours. I'll of course ask the guys if they're fine with me taking photos. Advantage of such a small concert: I can simply move around.

Then a concert with possible 1000 visitors. The band is not known to have a lightshow. They might just have red lights illuminating the stage with a dark backdrop. Or white light. Though this venue might add a little bit extra. Beautiful building, big, arched church windows above the stage. One of the guitarists is a joy to watch, impossible to photograph with my phone camera as he can't stand still. Downside: I'll be stuck at one location for the whole concert.

What do you think would be the best way to approach this? What camera settings? No flash I'd say as I hate people taking flash photos at concerts. Or is it not worth taking the camera along? I'm flying to the second concert, and only take hand luggage along. I have absolutely no experience at all taking photos of people.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow