Found my D850 in DX mode

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NotASpeckOfCereal Contributing Member • Posts: 998
Found my D850 in DX mode

Hi all,

I was out shooting and found the viewfinder with the DX mode view. I can't figure out how it got that way.

• I have no DX lenses (but Auto-DX would have turned off with a non-DX lens attached, even if I had a DX lens attached at some point).
  • The Photo Shooting menu, 'Image Area' setting item for that bank was indeed set to DX (only 1 of the banks was set this way, the other 3 not)
  • I checked the Custom menu f1 setting -- no camera controls were set to change the 'Image Area' setting. I often swing the camera to my back when walking around, which sometimes has the side-effect of inadvertently pushing a back camera button, but this rules that out.

So if nobody could figure out how this happened otherwise, I'll just chalk it off to me accidentally fiddling it in the menu. But if there is a way, it would be good to know so as to avoid it.

Anybody?

Chris

NotASpeckOfCereal's gear list:NotASpeckOfCereal's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow