Best lens for shooting videos of cars indoors?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
StrikeOne5 New Member • Posts: 7
Best lens for shooting videos of cars indoors?

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I was able to buy a second hand Canon EOS 80D from a friend and chose the new Canon EF-S 18 - 135 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM kit lens for car photography. I'm quite happy with the results, but now I want to start shooting videos as well so I need a second lens.

My plan is to shoot most of my videos indoors at car dealerships where I want to be able to get detailed shots of the exterior and interior. I assume that I need a wide-angle lens with image stabilization and STM technology. Important to know is that I won't be allowed to change the set (lighting, ...) at those dealerships.

With this in mind the Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM seems like the most logical option, but I'm a bit worried about the low maximum aperture, especially when filming a car's interior. I've also read in some reviews that f/4.5 doesn't give the best results with this lens.

So my first question: do you think that there are better alternatives than this Canon 10-18 mm lens? The brand and price don't matter, but it shouldn't weigh too much.

Second question: is there a way to get rid of at least some of the reflections on a car indoors by using a filter or something else? Someone recently told me that he uses a polarizer filter indoors, but that surprises me as you lose a lot of light, right?

I'm a beginner so any advice is welcome.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow