I have a D7500!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Calxoddity Regular Member • Posts: 390
I have a D7500!

After much consideration I bought a D7500 and Nikon 18-140 to replace my trusty old D5100.

It's early days, but all the little and not so little differences add up to a whole lot of betterness.  Things I noticed immediately:

• speed of focus - holy crap!  fast and accurate every time
  • damping - perhaps because of the extra weight and stabilised lens, the camera doesn't jump around as much
  • image quality - the D5100 wasn't too bad but the D7500 was a very pleasant surprise.  I took a shot very early this morning and it was very sharp and detailed when I checked on the computer monitor later.  Viewed it at 100% and thought "huh, it's a bit noisier than I expected at 100 ISO."  Then I looked at the Exif data - it was actually ISO 1600....

Okay, that's after taking 18 images, including one of my big toe (because I didn't want to get off the sofa).  I now have to figure out all the dial and button thingies.  Wish me luck!

-- hide signature --

Calxoddity
'Turning up in the oddest places...'

Calxoddity's gear list:Calxoddity's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D7500
Nikon D5100 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow