Stollen images

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Loz123 New Member • Posts: 1
Stollen images

hello! Looking for some useful advice.  I recently did a photo shoot with some clients. It's my practice to charge the session fee and the cost of the pictures separately.  My client paid the session fee and then wanted to choose her own images for edit. I only edit the images once payment is received. It was clearly outlined in all contract/communication that the photos put in the gallery were sample images only and could not be used for any other purpose.  All the gallery images are low quality, and heavily watermarked.

A couple weeks went by, and I never heard back from her.  I inquired. No response.

She is a well known person in the community, and I see that she has used these low-quality gallery images and in a promotional manne and on social media. She very poorly tried to edit out the watermarks and tried to edit them herself. The images look god awkful, but for instagram purposes, are passable.  Again, she has not submitted payment for any usage of the images and she has clearly manipulated the images in a way that was not allowed or agreed upon.  In the past several years, o have not had any similar issues or concerns with someone doing such a thing.

I don't want to make mountains out of nothing and I'm not sure how to proceed with this, if at all.  Again, she is well known in the community and is an artist herself, so she is aware of copyright infringements.  Regardless, I have zero interest in continuing a working relationship with her.

I have since removed all images from her gallery and suspect she will contact me when she notices this. Am I in anyway obliged to continue working with her and finish editing any of her pictures?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow