First engagement shoot

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dankwok Senior Member • Posts: 1,352
First engagement shoot

A few months ago, my friend asked me to take photos when he proposed to his then girlfriend.  Unfortunately, due to timing and traffic, he had to reschedule the proposal and I wasn't able to take photos for him.  So now that he has proposed, he asked me again to take some engagement style shots at a couple of locations that his fiance picked, including the place where he actually proposed.  I'm not getting paid for this.  It's just that this is what I enjoy doing, and I think it's great that I can do this for my great friend.

It was my first time shooting engagement, and I was a little nervous.  The thing that makes me feel better is that I'm not getting paid for this, so if there is a couple of photos they like, that would be good enough.

At the end, there were mistakes being made on my part, lessons learned, also felt that we were too ambitious in trying to cover two locations (30min. drive apart) in one evening.  But we did have some fun doing it.

Here are a few that I like, still many more to go over and process...  C&C are welcome!

-- hide signature --

-Daniel

dankwok's gear list:dankwok's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6300 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow