No Longer My Go-To Macro

Started Oct 3, 2015 | User reviews thread
DrHook59
DrHook59 Contributing Member • Posts: 808
Re: Macro vs close-up photography

JeanPierre Martel wrote:

Many people say that the notion of ‘macro’ (where the image of the subject on the sensor is at least as tall as the way it is in real life) is outmoded and close-up photography should be synonymous to macro photography.

I disagree.

If we accept the traditional meaning of macro photography, nothing replaces the M.Zuiko 60mm F/2,8.

However, to do close-up shots of insects and butterflies, the M.Zuiko 40-150mm F/2,8 (with the M.Zuiko MC-14 teleconverter) has replaced the M.Zuiko 60mm F/2,8 as my favourite lens :
http://jpmartel.quebec/2016/04/12/m-zuiko-40-150-mm-mc-14/ (skip the French text)

Jean-Pierre, can you tell me whether you took those photos hand-held, or on a tripod? They're very nice, like the 'look' and rendition a lot.

-- hide signature --

Some of the coolest things in life are really, really small.

DrHook59's gear list:DrHook59's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow