Why Nikon MILC will struggle.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CanonSharpShooter
CanonSharpShooter Regular Member • Posts: 412
Why Nikon MILC will struggle.

(According to rumors)

1) No APSC system, sales volume is driven in this format.

2) New lens mount. Will turn off a lot of current F mount shooters.

3) Nikon doesn’t do video. One of the Biggest appeal to MILC is video and companies who are successful in MILC do video well.

4) Nikon will be facing stiff pricing competition from Sony. Sony still sells its original A7 for $799. Can Nikon lower prices of its first generation MILC to stay competitive? Nikon can make DSLRs in their sleep and is able to make it cheap and sell it cheap while still make a decent profit.

5) Nikon’s slow upgrade cycle. Only way to have lower price models is to update their cameras annually like Sony and lower the prices on last year’s models. Can Nikon play the role of electronic/technology company and keep up with its competitors?

6) The ghost of DL compacts and Nikon 1. These two recent episodes have shocked Nikon’s credibility and has left a bad taste in a few fans. I won’t be surprised if a few will sit on the sidelines and wait to see how it all goes for a few generations. Re-evaluating Nikon’s commitment to the new mount.

I’m personally in the #4 group. My current DF is amazing and would be a perfect camera if it was more manual focus friendly. I have absolutely no reason to drop $2000+ to use manual lenses. How long do I have to wait to be able to pickup a Nikon MILC for my manual lenses at $1000 or less?

Nikon Df Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Yxa
Yxa
Yxa
Yxa
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow