Does Gopro just not get it at this point?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Adrian Tung Veteran Member • Posts: 3,354
Re: I could care less...

6 X 17 Feind wrote:

Nigel S wrote:

It doesn't have to be that way!

I know of someone who bought 14 Gitup Git1 action cameras, installed them in his fleet of cars in place of dashcams and ran them 24/7 for a whole year (They have a loop recording feature so you don't have to swap cards):

"Well! 12 months have past and all cameras still recording smoothly."

"The quality of recording is superior day and night time. The vehicles is running 24/7 so its rough testing off the camera, wich is no problem for gitup git1."

And they cost considerably less than a GoPro.

All of the "aftermarket" cameras I have tried do NOT get near as hot as a Gopro. Well except for the Nikon Keymisson 170 that thing cooks itself in 25 minutes flat unless its underwater...

-- hide signature --

6 X 17 Feind

And as I have mentioned earlier, for your use case I think you are better served by those other cameras that are not environmentally sealed or waterproof, since those kinds of enclosures just serve to trap heat.

To determine if the GoPros and Keymissions are inherently that bad, or whether it is just the nature of environmental sealing, you should test your other cameras recording continuously inside their respective waterproof housings to see if they also run into overheating issues or not.

Adrian Tung's gear list:Adrian Tung's gear list
Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 GoPro Hero6 Black +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow