Rely on low-light or go with a light + better video dSLR?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LTParis Forum Member • Posts: 83
Rely on low-light or go with a light + better video dSLR?

I just sold my RX100 ii's that I had for a while as I revamp what I am using for vlogging and capturing some basic video and photos from weddings (I am a wedding DJ). I was always generally happy with the quality of the low-light performance of the RX100 ii, but now I am at a crossroads.

I am debating what my next purchase would be. I decided on a Lumix FZ300 for my typical vlogging needs since it's supported by good light and pretty wash-rinse-repeat performance. The mic input was a critical necessity for that model so I wouldn't have to capture audio from my Tascam.

But for my gig shoots I am trying to figure out what to do. I have been considering the GH4 but have heard many negatives for low-light performance. I have been considering if I get something of that calibur to just attach my Neewer LED panel and illuminate the area. The negative is I don't want to negatively affect any photographers or videographer doing their jobs. That would leave something like a RX100 iv, which is good, but honestly I always found the P&S body a little small for my hands. and I don't know if I can justify going over $1k for something that just captures ancillary footage.
What would you do?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Sony RX100 Sony RX100 II Sony RX100 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow