Is there any value in a large amount of negatives and if not how do I destroy them?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FuzzyButt New Member • Posts: 1
Is there any value in a large amount of negatives and if not how do I destroy them?

I had been a wedding photographer for about 29 years and retired about 12 years ago. About 10 years before that I had stopped shooting weddings so we are talking about 15-20 years since the last wedding. I have been trying to contact the wedding clients or their families for a large number of years now with very little results. I was willing to sell them the negatives for $25.00 just so they wouldn't be destroyed. What the few reasons I have heard is that if they wanted a copy they just scanned the photos they had and it was done. I tried to explain that there might have been family members that didn't make the final album but no one cared.

I am getting on in years and want to make sure that these negatives don't end up on the web for whatever reason someone would have to do it. I have no family to pass these on to and the wife would have enough troubles with all the other stuff to clean out besides having to take care of these. So my question is 1. Is there any value to negatives? and 2. What is a good way to destroy them?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow