Faulty zoom and lens scratch

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
WarChild007 New Member • Posts: 1
Faulty zoom and lens scratch

Hi,

I have an sx700HS which I've not been very happy with, I changed to this from a Panasonic TZ6.

I've had it for a number of years now and it has the battery issue when shooting video. This i can live with. Recently its developed a fault with the zoom, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, or pull on the zoom control and it works to a point then stops then starts again.

What do you think the problem is? I could replace the zoom ribbon cheaply but the lens is more expensive to replace.

I've bought a Sony DSC WX500 as it was on sale and seemed a good buy as it was similar prive to a replacement lens for the Canon a replacement, the images seem very similar.

Just wondering what your thoughts are, keep the Canon and have it repaired or just switch to the Sony.

Many thanks

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 (Lumix DMC-TZ6) PowerShot SX700 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX50 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow