Iceberg ahoy for the M43 Titanic

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NCV
NCV Veteran Member • Posts: 6,908
Iceberg ahoy for the M43 Titanic

Interesting times ahead for the world of camera gear. The new Nikon FF cameras look interesting if these rumours are to be believed.

Things like 5 axis IBIS in other systems are slowly chipping away at the advantages my EM5 and the EM1, G9 and the others still have over the world of FF.

What advantages are left apart from the higher cost of the FF cameras and lenses?

To remain a good choice M43 must go in the direction of small bodies and lenses I believe. My EM5 ( and it successor) and the two small 2.8 Panasonic zooms still will make a valid choice for travel and hiking where I want a small discrete light package.

The big M43 cameras like the G9 and the hefty Olympus pro lenses are going in the wrong direction I believe.

Lets hope our system has better officers at the wheel and is more fortunate than the famous ship.

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
G L
NCV
NCV
NCV
Yxa
NCV
NCV
(unknown member)
NCV
(unknown member)
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow